THIS IS A PROBLEM SOLVING POST
Some of our readers have spoken to us in person about not being able to figure out how to leave a comment. Because we want to hear from you, I've tried to respond to the last post in four different ways. Here's what I discovered:
1. If you subscribe to the blog via email, and you want to respond privately, you can reply to the email as you would any other email. I will get the message in my personal email account and it will not show up on the blog.
2. If you subscribe to the blog via email you may also respond in the box at the bottom of your email that says "Click here to reply or forward." This may only appear on some email accounts, such as Gmail, which we use. However, if you are reading your email on an I-phone or I-pad, you may not have that little box even if you do use Gmail, but the standard method of replying to an email message should still work. This will also come to me as a private message in my email account and will not show up on the blog.
3. A method to comment publicly on the blog, if you receive the blog via email, is to click on the blue heading of the post, which will take you to the actual blog website. There you can scroll down to the bottom of the post and there will be white box within which to leave a comment. Don't forget to click on the "Publish" button. This will come to us as a comment to be moderated, and will then be published on the blog if appropriate.
4. Finally, if you don't receive the blog via email, but visit the blog by searching for it, or through a bookmark or favorite link you've created, or if for any reason the white comment box does not appear, you can leave a reply by scrolling down to the end of a post, click on the words that say "No comments" or some other number of comments and a white comment box will hopefully appear. Write your comment in the white box and click on "Publish" when you're done. This will again come to us as a comment to be moderated, and will be published on the blog if appropriate.
5. If you are a fellow Blogger member the process may be completely different and we would love to hear from you about how you leave a comment successfully.
Now, all this said, given the complexity and flexibility of electronic communications in general and the Blogger program specifically, you may try some of these methods and they may not work.
If you are able to get any of the methods to work, please let us know which method you are using, and which methods didn't work, if you can tell. I am not in control of all aspects of this blogging program. I'd love to solve this problem and post some clear directions on a permanent page on the blog.