"Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?" - Anne Murray

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Playing house

These little successes are so magical. It's like we're playing house and discover that the little refrigerator REALLY WORKS! Just now I heated water in the real microwave. Last night we used the real air conditioner. This morning I made a cup of real espresso and toasted a real bagel.

But better than all that - last night I sat quietly out at the pond with Kona and watched the little duck community at dusk. Three females with little clouds of ducklings following them around, small groupings of bachelors drifting and sparring, childless couples foraging...I kept expecting them to settle down for the night, but as darkness fell they were still busy. Rabbits "siflaying" along the ponds edge. At least two different kinds of frogs singing. Heaven.

1 comment:

Want to leave a comment?