"Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?" - Anne Murray

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Two macros of my life

We are now in Georgia, for two weeks at the Pine Mountain RV Resort, in the town of the same name. I'll write more about it when I have more pictures. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day and we just hung out and relaxed. We both feel so relieved that our RV is in working order again.  I didn't realize how tense we'd been about it until it was all over.  I don't even want to write about it.  I'll just say that the bill was small, as it was a mistake the RV repair shop made, and our extended warrantee actually covered some of an additional repair issue.  Phew.

I explored the town of Pine Mountain a bit. It's only about a mile up the road. It has about a block of the kinds of stores women stereotypically like to shop in: antiques, clothes, kitchen stuff, interior decor, etc. I don't know what the men who visit this town do. I saw a few stereotypically sitting outside the stores on benches. Poor guys. 

Today it's raining, so I did some experimenting with the Sony Alpha 65 camera. I'm trying to learn about the various features, slowly. I was working with the macro option.  Here's my dear subject.




I wandered around our home looking for other things to take macro shots of.  It's interesting to see in a new way the objects you put your hands on or use in some fashion every day that you take no notice of. This is the pin of the "5th wheel" that goes into the hitch in the bed of the truck. 




Georgia is a lot prettier than I expected. We're in a real spring here in the western hills, in contrast to Florida where there is so much green all year round, that spring kind of sneaks in after their 15 minutes of winter. The leaves here are about half out, and the dogwoods and azaleas are in bloom. As soon as we get a nice day we're going to Callaway Gardens and FDR State Park. Will post about those places next probably.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to leave a comment?