"Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?" - Anne Murray

Friday, April 15, 2011

Why dance?

Dancing is a perfect metaphor for life, for love, and for this adventure.  Of course I'm not the only one who thinks so. Anne Murray sings the song that I lifted this blog's opening quote from: "Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?" I sang that one to my husband right after our wedding ceremony, and I think of it every day. I want to dance for the rest of my life, and this adventure is part of that dance. I am blessed to have a dance partner to go through this part of my life with, who has an adventurous spirit and a courageous heart.

We met at a contra dance in Massachusetts (see the link on the right), and we still love to dance, but it has been hard to find good contra dancing in Chicago. Sometimes we travel to a contra dance event like in Madison WI, and even Hawaii (on our honeymoon). On this cross country adventure we hope to find contra dances with great music and great people. If you know of one, let us know here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to leave a comment?